Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 1: A New Start

It has been a relatively long time since I finished my CSC108 course.

I feel happy to continue my studying in programming. The course website is similar to CSC108's ----it is clean and clear. I can find the information I need easily. I like this style of website.

The first lecture is basically an introduction of the course. Professor Heap mentioned there would be a ramp-up session: the session will be 6-hour long. I was not sure whether I should attend. He also did a little bit reviewing on class at the end of the course. I felt less worried because although I forgot a lot things learnt in 108, I didn't forget all of them.

I had some difficulty following the second lecture because wing used the wrong version of python. It bothered me because what I typed in will not give me the same result as professor's. I felt a little upset because I cannot find the way to change the version right away. After the lecture, I spent some time to fix this problem. The useful information on the website under course soft ware helped me a lot. I reviewed the lecture notes and did the examples in class. Finally, I get an idea of what a "class" is. Inside a class, we can initial values, and we can write some functions. And the standard way to built a class is different from what we've learnt from 108, which is good because we need to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment