I started to do exercise 1.
The instruction is quite clear. When starting programming, I found I have actually forgot a lot of useful things. Luckily, there is another ramp-up session this weekend. So I signed it up. Hopefully, I can refresh my memory through that session. I got one question from the exercise, that is to use print function or just return statement. I asked through Piazza, some classmate answers quickly that I should use return otherwise auto testing will not recognize. That makes sense.
The auto testing seems not working for me. It didn't go through my submission although I submit pretty early. During the lecture, Professor mentioned many people have the same auto-testing problem as I did, and provide an email address for us. After contacting with TA, I got my test result. It was fine~
The lectures was about "stacks". "Stack" is an abstract data type(ADT). New item can only be pushed on to the top of the stack, and be popped from the top of the stack. Also, we learned about recursion. We can write a function which use itself inside its body. That's cool~
As for lab, I like the icebreaker. We "sorted" ourselves by cdf account alphabetically. The time is limited. My partner and I have some difficulties to think of a function that collects the distinct words from a file. We spent a lot of time to write some complicated loops. But it turns out that we can simply use the set() function. It will be a lot easier if we have done so.
I attended the ramp up session on Saturday. We go through some basic use of lists, files, dictionaries and loops. It really helped a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment